Call for Study Participants
May 25th, 2021
We are seeking study participants for an academic research project at LMU
About this research study
The study aims to improve the participants' stress awareness and evaluate the effectiveness of various recommendations against stress. Study participants collect their heart rate data using a Fitbit tracker/smartwatch or a Google Wear OS smartwatch. The data is synchronized via an Android app and then processed and displayed in a web app. Participants are encouraged to record their daily activities and feelings regularly to provide more accurate computation models.
We expect participants in this study to benefit from increased stress awareness and recommendations against stress.
- You own an Android smartphone or tablet
- You own a Fitbit tracker/smartwatch or a Wear OS smartwatch
- You agree to a daily usage of the Stila web app for
2 weeks during the study.
- You agree to wear your tracker/smartwatch as often as possible during the period of this study.
Benefits for you as participant:
- Be amongst the first to try the new stress tracking web app (Stila)
- Be a part of a state-of-the-art research project and make a great contribution
- Learn about (hidden) stress factors in your life
- Help in improving teaching & learning at the LMU
- Earn 6 MMI points, if you’re studying media informatics
- Monitor your mental stress during the current pandemic
- 04.06.21: Application Deadline
- 05.06. - 06.06.21: Sending confirmation emails with further information and a first short survey
- 07.06. - 20.06.21: Participants wear their tracker/smartwatch daily and regularly record their activities
- 20.06. - 21.06.21: Participants fill out a short online survey about their experiences.
Application until June 6th, 2021:
If you are interested in participating in this study, please send an email to email@example.com
with the following contents:
- Subject: "Application - *Your name*"
- First and last name: "Your name"
- Age: "20"
- E-mail address (for contacting you): "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- I own the following tracker or smartwatch:"Huawai Watch 2", "Fitbit Versa 3", "Fitbit Charge 4", "..."
- I own the following smartphone: "Google Pixel", "Samsung Galaxy S9", "..."
- Consent "I agree that my data collected by the Stila research study and Stila software application is anonymised for analysis and can be used for research purposes."
If you are a student of LMU please also include:
- Matriculation number: "123456789"
- My major of study: "Computer Science Bachelor"
- I want to collect 6 MMI points (Media informatics students only): "Yes"/"No"
Application deadline: 04.06.21 at 23:59:59
We care about your privacy:
- During the study, we will collect your heart rate data, activity data, and usage data. Your data is analyzed anonymously and used for research purposes only.
- Participants need to sign in to Stila app with a Google Account. We do not forward any physiological data and personal data to Google. You can create a "burner" Google Account only for the purpose of this study and then delete it.
- If you would like to review your stress data after this study, you may consider signing in to the Stila app with a Google account associated with your Android smartphone.
Thanks for your interest
We appreciate your interest in this study. If you have any questions (german or english), please send us an E-Mail at: email@example.com - Subject: Question. Stila team reserves the right to choose and limit the participants in this study.