Stila Terms and Conditions of Use
Stila is a research initiative and a medium aiming to help students and professionals to perceive personal stress development. Anyone setting up a user account or using social logins on Stila services agrees with the following terms and conditions of use. Whoever disregards these terms and conditions of use may be excluded from Stila.
- The setup of a user account on Stila requires mentioning one's real identity (first name and surname) and a valid email address which thus will be known to the Stila operators. Login with social logins allows Stila to retrieve one's real identity (first name and surname) and the email address associated with the given social login directly from the providers of the social logins.
- Stila users commit themselves to a polite and respectful communication and to an appropriate use of the medium. They are responsible (among other legally) for the content they publish on Stila. Stila's terms and conditions of use are subject to German law.
- The content and data published or synchronised on Stila (among other heart rate data, information about personal activities, notices or comments) is anonymised and aggregated available to the general public under the Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE ( https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/ ). A not-for-profit reuse of content published on Stila is allowed (see * for a brief explanation of the license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE).
- The content and information available on Stila (among other web links, comments or text) are available to the general public under the terms and conditions of use by the providers and publishers of the web links. Stila provides only links to these contents and information. Stila is not responsible (among other legally) for the content provided by the providers and publishers of the web links.
Stila makes use of user-related data or other data (among other the heart rate and activities information, histories of the user interaction with Stila application and software) with the aim of supporting Stila users in coping with their stress, for research purposes and for further development of the medium. User-related data can be collected by Stila or will be provided by social login providers or by the users themselves (for self-assessment). Data not specifically related to a user include for example client IP address and geolocation. User-related data can be processed (for example for creating statistics) by using IP address, username, userid, gender info or geolocation, but not by using first name, surname and email address. Data related to a single user, whether or not processed, can be communicated as follows:
- anonymized, that is without mentioning the user's first name, surname and email address.
- These terms and conditions of use may be revised and reissued at any time in which case Stila will notify its users in time, so that they can decide what action to take concerning their further use of Stila.
(*) The license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE ( https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/ ) regulates the reuse of the content available on Stila by a person other than the publishers and the providers of online courses. It may be redistributed for non-commercial purposes on every medium either unchanged or in a modified form, provided that the redistributed document indicates the following:
- the author or authors of the content
- the license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE and the link https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/
- an indication of what modifications have been made.
The authors of contents published on Stila are allowed to reuse these contents for commercial purposes. This brief explanation and summary of the license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 DE does not replace the original text available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/de/legalcode .